Obras por Arthur Phillips
- Nome canónico
- Phillips, Arthur
- Nome legal
- Phillips, Arthur Monroe
- Data de nascimento
- Local de nascimento
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- Locais de residência
- New York, New York, USA
- Harvard University
Berklee School of Music
The Blake School, Minneapolis
- Phillips, Michael (brother)
- Prémios e menções honrosas
- Jeopardy Champion (five-time)
LA Times Book Prize for First Fiction (Prague)
- Marly Rusoff (The Rusoff Agency)
Fatal error: Call to undefined function isLitsy() in /var/www/html/inc_magicDB.php on line 425
- Arthur Phillips was born in Minneapolis and educated at Harvard. He has been a child actor, a jazz musician, a speechwriter, a dismally failed entrepreneur, and a five-time Jeopardy! champion.
His first novel, Prague, was named a New York Times Notable Book, and receivedThe Los Angeles Times/Art Seidenbaum Award for best first novel. His second novel, The Egyptologist, was an international bestseller, and was on more than a dozen “Best of 2004” lists. Angelica, his third novel, made The Washington Post best fiction of 2007 and led that paper to call him "One of the best writers in America." The Song Is You was a New York Times Notable Book, on the Post's best of 2009 list, and inspired Kirkus to write, "Phillips still looks like the best American novelist to have emerged in the present decade."
His work has been published in twenty-seven languages, and is the source of three films currently in development.
His fifth book, The Tragedy of Arthur, will be published April 19, 2011.
He lives in New York with his wife and two sons.
- Also by
- Marcado como favorito
- Pedras de toque