- Todas as coleções (1,422), ER (27), Audio Book (137), Library book (104), More than just favorites (11), Nachschlagewerke (2), Kindle (524), To be reread (7), Online books (29), To read - poetry (9), On Permanent Hold (10), Currently reading - complete works (3), Currently reading - poetry (9), On Temporary Hold (30), Waste of my time (14), Inspiring Books (47), A sua biblioteca (1,210), Em leitura (16), Para ler (148), Lidos mas não possuídos (133), Favoritos (112)
- English language (867), Contemporary fiction (510), 1001 (420), British literature (372), German language (269), TIOLI (248), Non-fiction (244), American literature (228), Classics (219), Modern classics (217), Italian language (176), German literature (96), Italian literature (94), Childrens books (79), French literature (71), Poetry (46), Crime (30), French language (29), Irish literature (28), Japanese literature (19), Spirituality (19), Russian literature (19), Travelogue (18), Self-help (17), BAC 2015 (16), Austrian literature (14), Booker 2015 LL (13), Booker 2014 LL (13), Canadian literature (12), Booker 2016 LL (12), Plays (12), Ex-1001 (12), Booker 2013 LL (11), Indian literature (11), Booker 2017 LL (11), Science (11), Food (10), Booker winner (9), Short stories (9), Swiss literature (8), Norwegian literature (8), Swedish literature (8), Chick lit (7), Biography (7), Graphic Novel (7), BAC 2016 (7), Australian literature (6), IAC 2018 (6), Feminism (6), Essays (6), Physics (6), Music (6), Comic book (6), South African literature (6), AAC 2015 (6), BAC 2018 (5), Nutrition (5), Spanish literature (5), Colombian literature (5), Portuguese literature (5), YA (5), Booker LL 2018 (5), Czech literature (4), Comedy (4), Janet memorial (3), CAC 2016 (3), South Tyrolean literature (3), MBIP2017 (3), Chilean literature (3), Online book (3), Nigerian literature (3), Cosmology (3), Work (3), History (3), Mysteries (3), Humor (3), Pakistani literature (3), BAC 2017 (2), complete works (2), AAC 2016 (2), African literature (2), Italian 1001 (2), Mexican literature (2), Corean literature (2), New-Zealandian literature (2), 1001 IT (2), Non-Fiction (2), Cassics (2), Malaysian literature (2), South American literature (2), Brasilian literature (2), Philosophy (2), Montalbano (2), 1001 (2006) (2), Fantasy (2), Arts (2), Letters (2), Polish literature (2), Chinese literature (2), Lists (2), Buddhism (2), Anthologies (2), Serbian literature (1), Carribean literature (1), Adventure (1), Gift (1), AAC 2014 (1), Peruvian literature (1), Jamaican literature (1), Sprachwissenschaft (1), Hungarian literature (1), Cook book (1), TA 2018 (1), 1 (1), TA 2016 (1), Greek literature (1), ER (1), Maths (1), Autobiography (1), Eng (1), Argentinean literature (1), Esoteric (1), Korean literature (1), Travel book (1), Belgian literature (1), swedish literature (1), Brain Candy (1), AAC (1), Cotemporary fiction (1), Vietnamese literature (1), Guidebook (1), Iranean literature (1), ritish literature (1), Sci-fi (1), Nobel Prize (1), cartoons (1), Alpinism (1), Job-related (1), Nintendo (1), Egyption literature (1), Arabian literature (1), Israelean literature (1)
- Nuvem de Etiquetas, Nuvem de Autores, Espelho de etiquetas
- 1001 Books to read before you die, 2018 ROOT (READ OUR OWN TOMES), 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2014, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, 75 Books Challenge for 2018, 75 Books Challenge for 2019, 75 Books Challenge for 2020, 75 Books Challenge for 2022, A Group Thank You, Booker Prize, Books off the Shelf Challenge, German Library Thingers, Iris Murdoch readers, Italians - Italiani, LibraryThing Gatherings and Meetups, One LibraryThing, One Book, Online-Lesekreis, Poetry Fool, Reading Globally
- Jan 27, 2008
- Nome Real
- Acerca da Minha Biblioteca
- I will not try to list all my books here. There are just too many, most of them put into storage when I moved to Italy.
I will list all new purchases, the main part of my English books and some older books which mean something to me.
In 2009 I moved to the North of Italy (German speaking region South Tyrole) which makes it harder to find English books (my old town had a huge English book shop... my personal paradise!). So I will catch up on the German authors and hopefully, gradually, also Italian books will find their way into my library.
Since even my new shelves are overflowing after less than one year in my new place, I now decided to start using an e-reader and I ordered a Kindle from the US.
Something about my rating system:
* or **: those books might also turn up in the 'Waste of my Time' collection. They disappointed me, often made me angry and I don't want to touch them ever again.
***: this could be an 'above average trash' book, but also a well written book by a renowned author that left me with a feeling of complete indifference
****: I really enjoyed reading this book and might re-read it
*****: I 'lived' this book while reading it, I was dragged into the story and could not put it down. Definitely worth a re-read. And this could be anything from Shakespeare to the early Harry Potters.
1001 Books you must read before you die: http://www.librarything.com/topic/89483
75 books in 2010 thread 1: http://www.librarything.com/topic/87066
Thread 2: http://www.librarything.com/topic/97981
75 books in 2011:
Thread 1: http://www.librarything.com/topic/104781
Thread 2: http://www.librarything.com/topic/116275
Thread 3: http://www.librarything.com/topic/121752
75 books in 2012:
Thread 1: http://www.librarything.com/topic/129529
Thread 2: http://www.librarything.com/topic/133498
Thread 3: http://www.librarything.com/topic/136499
Thread 4: http://www.librarything.com/topic/139239
Thread 5: http://www.librarything.com/topic/142952
Thread 6: http://www.librarything.com/topic/145463
75 books in 2013:
Thread 1: http://www.librarything.com/topic/147127
2012 Reading Journal in the German LTers group: http://www.librarything.com/topic/134616
- Acerca de Mim
- I was addicted to books ever since I started reading. I am an avid reader, but as I am usually reading several books in parallel, finishing one might take a while.
Although I always read a lot, I wasted many years on reading "trash books". I assume the reason was the terrible selection of 'serious literature' I had to go through at school. There was never any enjoyment in the way books were treated then. I started reading English books at an early age, because in a foreign language the trash seems less trashy.
But there was a point some years ago when my job became so dull yet stressful that I felt the urgent need to fill my head with some beautiful language as a counterbalance to all those endless (and lifeless) IT papers I had to read.
I finally discovered Shakespeare, first in German, but quickly I switched to the original versions and got used to the language and style by learning a part of the sonnets by heart. And then I found this website with all those suggestions and I haven't been able to stop reading (and collecting) since then. Thank you so much for enriching my life!
- Merano, Italy
- Também Em
- Actualmente Lendo
- L'Italia delle donne. Spunti di viaggio alla scoperta del lato femminile del nostro Paese por Alida ArdemagniThe Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous por Overeaters Anonymous IncorporatedStoria di Roma antica. Dai popoli italici pre-romani alla caduta dell'Impero: Storia d'Italia 1-11 por Autori Vari
- Autores Favoritos
- Listas Favoritas
Ligações de Membro
- Biblioteca Interessante
Este sítio web usa «cookies» para fornecer os seus serviços, para melhorar o desempenho, para analítica e (se não estiver autenticado) para publicidade. Ao usar o LibraryThing está a reconhecer que leu e compreende os nossos Termos de Serviço e Política de Privacidade. A sua utilização deste sítio e serviços está sujeita a essas políticas e termos.