Este sítio web usa «cookies» para fornecer os seus serviços, para melhorar o desempenho, para analítica e (se não estiver autenticado) para publicidade. Ao usar o LibraryThing está a reconhecer que leu e compreende os nossos Termos de Serviço e Política de Privacidade. A sua utilização deste sítio e serviços está sujeita a essas políticas e termos.
Sobre mimThis list has been created from a selection of books from various sources developed by primary school librarians in International Schools around the world, posted and shared via the IB OCC website or the ECIS iskoodle maillist for school librarians.
The 10 attributes defining an 'International Person' in the International Baccalaureate's Learner Profile are: Inquirer; Knowledgeable; thinker; Communicator; Principled; Open-minded; Caring; Risk-taker; Balanced; Reflective
The following acknowledgments must be made: 1. Alison Dickinson, Sally Pritchard, Ingrid Skirrow, previously librarians at Vienna International School Primary Library (Austria), and not forgetting the primary school students - as part of a book review project aimed at helping the children understand the International Baccalaureate's Learner Profile.(2006)
2. Katie Day, United World College, Singapore (2009)
3. Barbara Albury, previously at St. Andrew International School, Bahamas (2005)
4. CIS PYP Librarians, Toronto, Ontario: Mary Anne Cree; Jennifer Levere; Zoe Huggins; Pam Love; Judy Stickney; Sara Spencer; Elizabeth Walters.
5. PYP Workshop 2E ( Teaching and Learning) held VIS February 2010 - activity with all the workshop participants.
6. PYP level 3 Workshop for Early Learning Years 2011 (the books are tagged ELC2011)-chosen by workshop leaders as examples of interesting titles and illustrations for this age group. 7. Also contributions from the IBAEM Librarian's Continuum Workshop in Madrid, Spain. October 2011
This compilation is a personal effort to make it easier for PYP librarians and teachers to be able to go to one source for great book ideas to help children understand the IB Learner Profile attributes.
Further PYP booklists available on LibraryThing are:-
1. PYP3F ( for picture books to support mathematical concepts compiled after the PYP workshop Zurich, Switzerland, July 2009);
2. PYP2B ( for picture books to support the concept of 'International-mindedness' developed after the PYP workshop on PYP International-mindedness in Vienna, Austria, March 2009);
3. PYPWSL ( for professional reading for educators developed after the PYP IBAEM workshop leaders training, Zurich, Switzerland,July 2009);
For PYP workshop leaders, if you would like to add more children's literature to the list from shared materials at workshops, please email the list to me ( I am on the workshop leader IBAEM email list or contact via the OCC) and I will upload the book titles for everyone.
Another booklist which may be of interest for reading materials for older primary and younger teenagers is the list called "TweenagerReads" also created by me.
Ingrid Skirrow (Vienna, Austria)
Sobre a minha bibliotecaI am now an independent school library consultant and remain involved with the IB organisation in the AEM region as PYP workshop leader and school visitor.
My continuing school library connections are as:- - Acting secretary of the IBAEM Librarians Interest Group, founded Nov. 2009 at the ECIS Annual Conference, Hamburg. contact: email@example.com