- not-available-yet (2,869), dpl (437), General Fiction (430), Police/Detective (339), Historical Fiction (289), Cozy Mystery (253), Fantasy (207), gcl (172), Audiobook (160), Science Fiction (154), Historical Mystery (101), Thriller (84), spl (84), Romantic Suspense (83), Young Adult (83), maine (76), General History of Europe (75), Biography (69), Juvenile Literature (64), Classics (64), Mystery (58), Series Romance (58), Criminology (50), Suspense (46), American Literature in English: American fiction in English (33), History of Europe (31), Short Stories (30), Food and Drink (28), Food & drink (28), General History of North America - United States (27), English and Old English literatures: English fiction (27), Paranormal Romance (21), Geography and Travel (18), Steampunk (17), Historical Romance (16), Graphic Novels (16), Contemporary Romance (15), netldc (14), English Fiction (13), use of other information media (12), Reading (12), World History (12), Promotion of Health (11), Athletic & outdoor sports & games (10), Essays (9), General History of Asia - Southeast Asia (8), North America (8), insignia (8), History of Ancient World - Egypt (8), General History of Europe - British Isles (8), History of Ancient World (8), The Book (8), History of North America - United States (8), Classic Juvenile Literature (7), Reading & use of other information media (7), returned-unread (7), Other social problems & services (7), Bible (7), Europe (6), Kindle (6), Paranormal Fiction (6), Christian experience (6), life (6), Diseases (6), Horror (6), Juvenile Fiction (6), practice (6), General History of Europe - England & Wales (6), Ancient World (6), Bibliographies (6), Anthology (6), Devotional Literature (6), Incidence & prevention of disease (5), Genealogy (5), Autobiography (5), American Fiction in English (5), Social welfare problems & services (5), English Drama (5), English & OId English literatures (5), Miscellaneous Writings (5), Music (5), English Poetry (5), English & Old English Literatures (5), Other areas (5), French Fiction (5), Law (5), Political Science: International Relations (4), General History of North America - Western United States (4), French and related literatures: French fiction (4), Education (4), Christian theology (4), Historical (4), Asia (4), Military Science (4), persons treatment (4), Vocal Music (4), Public performances (4), Social Groups (4), American Literature in English (4), Food & Drink (4), General History of North America - Canada (4), Internal Commerce (Domestic Trade) (4), German and related literatures: German fiction (4), General History of Asia - China & adjacent areas (4), History (4), Culture & institutions (4), American fiction in English (4), Rhetoric & collections of literature (3), Bibliographies of works from specific subjects (3), Anthology - Romance (3), genealogy (3), Rhetoric & Collections of Literature (3), Criminal Law (3), American Literature in English: American miscellaneous writings in English (3), Non-Semitic Afro-Asiatic Literatures (3), Financial Economics (3), journalism (3), names (3), General History of Africa (3), Anthology - Romantic Suspense (3), General History of Europe - Central Europe - Germany (3), General History of Africa - Central Africa & offshore islands (3), Texts of Sermons (3), Geography & Travel (3), News media (3), German Fiction (3), General Management (3), English miscellaneous writings (3), description (3), Other Literatures: Literatures of East and Southeast Asia (3), Christian Fiction (3), Arctic islands (3), History of Europe - Eastern Europe; Russia (3), Pacific Ocean islands (3), Mystery Anthology (3), Personal Health and Safety (3), critical appraisal of more than two literatures (3), Natural History (3), Geology (3), Geography of & travel in Europe (3), Poetry (3), Personal Health & Safety (3), Atlantic Ocean islands (3), Jesus Christ & His Family (3), Antarctica (3), areas (3), East Indo-European & Celtic (3), Folklore (3), Alternate History (3), Geography & Travel - Other Areas (3), Social sciences (3), General History of North America - Northeastern United States (3), General History of Europe - Germany & Neighboring central European countries (2), Geography & Travel - Europe (2), Processes of written communication (2), Groups of People (2), General History of Europe - Italian Peninsula and Adjacent Islands (2), Geography and History (2), General History of Asia - South Asia & India (2), History of ancient world (to c. 499): Egypt to 640 (2), Biography & Genealogy (2), Social problems and social services: Criminology (2), and on extraterrestrial worlds (2), General History of Asia - Central Asia (2), General History of North America - Great Basin & Pacific Slope (2), General Serials & their indexes - In English (2), Political science: Civil and political rights (2), English Miscellaneous Writings (2), Garden Crops (Horticulture) (2), History of Asia: Middle East (Near East) (2), Athletic and outdoor sports & games (2), General History of Africa - Egypt & Sudan (2), History of Africa: Central Africa and offshore islands (2), Incidence & Prevention of Disease (2), History of Other Areas - Australia (2), Geography of and travel in North America (2), History of Europe: Germany and neighboring central European countries (2), rhetoric and criticism: History (2), General Libraries (2), History of Europe - Russia and neighboring east European countries (2), Literatures of Other Languages: East Indo-European & Celtic (2), Other social problems (2), Athletic & outdoor sports and games (2), Philosophy & theory (2), Judaism (2), Humor (2), Literature (2), Art History (2), Andorra (2), Poetic Books of Old Testament (2), hydrology (2), History of Ancient World - Other Parts of Ancient World (2), Gibraltar (2), Literary History & Criticism (2), South America (2), Miscellaneous writings (2), meteorology (2), air (2), Devotional literature (2), publishing (2), Water (2), Memoir (2), museums (2), Portugal (2), Political Science (2), Social Theology (2), Comparative Religion (2), General history of Europe (2), Spanish Fiction (2), General History of Europe - Other parts of Europe (2), Civil and Political Rights (2), School management; special education (2), International Relations (2), Mental processes & intelligence (2), Italian Fiction (2), space transportation (2), General History of Asia - Middle East (Near East) (2), General History of Europe - England (2), Arithmetic (2), General encyclopedic works - American (2), History of Ancient World - Italy & adjacent territories (2), Public Worship (2), History of Ancient World - Greece (2), History of North America - Northeastern United States (New England and Middle Atlantic states) (1), knowledge and systems: The book (writing (1), Medicine and health: Personal health and safety (1), Central America (1), libraries (1), places of religious observance (1), sociology and anthropology: Culture and institutions (1), New Testament (1), Other Literatures: Non-Semitic Afro-Asiatic literatures (1), Biology: Natural history of microorganisms (1), Other literatures: East Indo-European and Celtic literatures (1), English and Old English literatures: English miscellaneous writings (1), related Greek philosophies (1), History: World history (1), Economics: Socialism and related systems (1), Latin and Italic literatures: Latin epic poetry and fiction (1), History of Europe: Other parts of Europe (1), and anthropology: Factors affecting social behavior (1), private collections of fine and decorative arts (1), Arts: Galleries (1), journals and serials: Serials in English (1), Social sciences: Factors affecting social behavior (1), Social and ecclesiastical theology: Days (1), Social and ecclesiastical theology: Missions (1), Other religions: Religions of Indic origin (1), sociology (1), Chemistry: Chemistry and allied sciences (1), games and entertainment: Athletic and outdoor sports and games (1), Outline of sports (1), Galician literatures: Spanish fiction (1), Social problems and social services: Social problems of and services to groups of people (1), Other religions: Judaism (1), Melilla Western Sahara (1), and book-related topics) (1), History of Africa - Morocco (1), Birds (1), algae (1), Traditional Mystery (1), Magazines (1), West Indies (1), Portuguese (1), Genera Fiction (1), Psychology (1), Computer science (1), East Indo-European & Celtic literatures (1), biography of Christianity (1), Language (1), Description & Criticism (1), Spanish (1), Reading and use of other information media (1), Library & information sciences (1), Ceuta (1), History of Europe: Spain (1), History of Christianity (1), geographic treatment (1), Socratic (1), History of North America - Southeastern United States (South Atlantic states) (1), Geography of & travel in Australasia (1), History of Africa (1), Factors affecting social behavior (1), fungi (1), American humor and satire in English (1), History of North America - Great Basin & Pacific Slope region of United States (1), Public policy issues in education (1), Police/Detective; Classics (1), Canary Islands (1), Old Testament (Tanakh) (1), Bermuda (1), times (1), Relation of state to organized groups & their members (1), History of ancient world (to ca. 499) (1), History of North America - Mexico (1), Other Branches of Engineering (1), Dialectology & historical linguistics (1), Metrology & standardization (1), English & Old English (Anglo-Saxon) Languages (1), History of Ancient World: Greece to 323 (1)
- Nuvem de Etiquetas, Nuvem de Autores, Espelho de etiquetas
- 75 Books Challenge for 2008, 75 Books Challenge for 2009, 75 Books Challenge for 2010, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2014, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, 75 Books Challenge for 2018, 75 Books Challenge for 2019, 75 Books Challenge for 2020, 75 Books Challenge for 2021, 75 Books Challenge for 2022, 75 Books Challenge for 2023, Amateur Historians, Ancient History, Asian Fiction & Non-Fiction, August Is Modern Fiction Month, Barbara Pym, Bestsellers over the Years, Bibliomysteries, Book Care and Repair, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, Books on Books, Club Read 2021, Cozy Mysteries, Disaster Buffs, His Wondrous Works to Behold, Holocaust Literature, Jude's Reading 2018, Military History, Non-Fiction Readers, Outlander: Gabaldon's series about Jamie and Claire, Reading Through Time, Tea!, The LibraryThing Mock Newbery and Caldecott, The Prizes, Travel and Exploration literature
- May 21, 2006
- Nome Real
- Stasia Doster
- Acerca da Minha Biblioteca
The books listed in this account are the books I own and those that are in the BlackHole. My library and borrowed books can be found on my AlcottAcre777 account. I now have a third account under scdoster that are the books in my library listed as I am reading them.
My current thread:
"Strange, isn't it? To love a book. When the words on the page become so precious that they feel like a part of your own history because they are."The Starless Sea, Erin Morgenstern
"No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance." - Confucius
"Life being very short, and the quiet hours of it few, we ought to waste none of them in reading valueless books." - John Ruskind
"A library isn't just a library. It is a space ship that will take you to the farthest reaches of the Universe, a time machine that will take you to the far past and the far future, a teacher that knows more than any human being, a friend that will amuse you and console you--and most of all, a gateway, to a better and happier and more useful life." - Isaac Asimov in a March 16, 1971, letter to children at the newly opened Troy, Mich., public library
"A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors. - Henry Ward Beecher
"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all of the miseries of life." - W. Somerset Maugham
"Books are like truth serum — if you don’t read, you can’t figure out what’s real."Freak the Mighty, Rodman Philbrick
The more you are reading, the more you discover and know you want to read. That's when the melancholy kicks in, because you know you never will have time to read it all. - Freely translated from Norwegian by Bente (Apolline)
"A million candles have burned themselves out. Still I read on." - Montresor
"When something is bothering me, I seek refuge. No need to travel far; a trip to the realm of literary memory will suffice. For where can one find more noble distraction, more entertaining company, more delightful enchantment than in literature?" - The Elegance of the Hedgehog, Muriel Barbery
"Sometimes, while she was asleep, she read books in distant libraries." - The Hummingbird's Daughter, Luis Alberto Urrea
"To the whole world you may be just one person, but to one person you may just be the whole world.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others." - No idea who said it, but I love it!
". . .there is indeed a heaven on Earth, a heaven which we inhabit when we read a good book." - The Haunted Bookshop, Christopher Morley
"To bring the dead to life
Is no great magic.
Few are wholly dead:
Blow on a dead man's embers
And a live flame will start." - Robert Graves
"I feel, holding the books, accomodating their weight and breathing their dust, an abiding love. I trust them." -The Girls, Lori Lansens
"[He] was seated beside her with a pocket edition of some classic author in his hand. He never went anywhere without some companion wherewith to improve his leisure moments: all time seemed lost that was not devoted to study . . ." - The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Anne Bronte
"In the pursuit of learning, every day something is acquired." - The Way"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." - Jorge Luis Borges
"The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read." - Abraham Lincoln
"Your library is your paradise." - Erasmus
"It can never be satisfied, the mind, never." - Wallace Stevens
"I found that my mind wanted something craggy to break upon." George Gordon, Lord Byron
"A peace offering to a hungry mind" - Hope Summerall Chamberlain
"Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence, from the suppressed introductory chapter of Seven Pillars of Wisdom"All books are divisible into two classes, the books of the hour, and the books of all time." - John Ruskind
My library is very eclectic. I just find a lot of things to be interesting, so I read all over the map. A lot of my books are not catalogued as I finally got them out of storage (after 3 years!) when we moved.
Create your own visitor map!
- Acerca de Mim
Not a whole lot to say: I have been happily married for over 30 years to a great guy who puts up with my book buying with good grace. After homeschooling my 2 daughters, I decided to return to school myself, so in January of 2012 I began my studies at Bryant & Stratton as a paralegal studies major. I ended up transferring to a 4-year college and just recently finished up my degree.
- Sherman, Texas
- Também Em
- Autores Favoritos
- Louisa May Alcott, Nicholas A. Basbanes, Charlotte Brontë, Geraldine Brooks, Bill Bryson, Willa Cather, Nicholas Christopher, Charles Dickens, Michael Dirda, Philip Dray, David Eddings, Anne Fadiman, Diana Gabaldon, Martin Gilbert, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Helene Hanff, Thomas Hardy, Kent Haruf, Tony Horwitz, Alex Kershaw, Barbara Kingsolver, Mark Kurlansky, Erik Larson, Madeleine L'Engle, C. S. Lewis, William Manchester, W. Somerset Maugham, David McCullough, Vladimir Nabokov, Chaim Potok, Barbara Pym, Nora Roberts, Nevil Shute, Mary Stewart, Josephine Tey, Leo Tolstoy, Anthony Trollope, Barbara W. Tuchman, Simon Winchester
- Listas Favoritas
Ligações de Membro
- -Cee-, agatatera, akeela, akosikulot-project52, alaskabookworm, alcottacre777, allthesedarnbooks, anzlitlovers, attempter, BaileysAndBooks, beachnbook, bell7, Berly, Bklvrinva09, bohemiangirl35, BookAngel_a, brenpike, Bumpersmom, bunkie68, Byrappa, cal8769, callmejacx, cameling, Carmenere, cbl_tn, cerievans1, cgray0809, Chatterbox, Citizenjoyce, damejennylynn, dara85, debbaker, dianestm, Donna828, Eat_Read_Knit, eightambliss, ejj1955, elkiedee, fantasia655, FemmeNoiresque, ffortsa, Fourpawz2, GeneRuyle, GeorgiaDawn, Gerri007, girlfromshangrila, HayleyLouise, HelenBaker, humouress, jade605, JaneAustenNut, JaynePupek, jeanned, jjvors, jolerie, Joycepa, June, k8lovesbooks, karenmarie, kateleversuch, keidz, kgodey, kidzdoc, Kittybee, kmartin802, kurvanas, labfs39, LauraBrook, leperdbunny, LibraryOMidas, Lidbud, lindapanzo, littlebear514, LittleWish, LizzieD, London_StJ, LovingLit, maberry, maggie1944, mamachunk, Matke, MDGentleReader, megkrahl, Menagerie, MichelleAmanda, mldavis2, MonicaLynn, msf59, mstrust, MusicMom41, nancyewhite, nittnut, notoriousspinks, nsg0223, PaulCranswick, phoenix718, PiyushC, pokarekareana, profilerSR, QueenOfDenmark, rainpebble, richardderus, ronincats, rosalita, sally906, sandykaypax, scdoster, Sean191, seasonsoflove, Shijuro, SirStuckey, sjmccreary, sszkutak, suslyn, tapestry100, TerraBelle, thekoolaidmom, TheLibraryhag, thomasandmary, tloeffler, ToReadToNap, TrishNYC, tututhefirst, tymfos, veryan, Whisper1, WhiteRaven.17, witchyrichy, womansheart
- Biblioteca Interessante
- alaskabookworm, alcottacre777, Ammianus, AndrewPNW, AnneDC, annesion, arubabookwoman, atimco, atozgrl, avaland, Bibliotropic, blackdogbooks, Booksloth, booksontrial, bradleyhorner, Cariola, cbl_tn, Chatterbox, chinquapin, Citizenjoyce, citizenkelly, cyderry, Deern, diana.gabaldon, digifish_books, dihiba, drneutron, elkiedee, elleayess, GeneRuyle, girlunderglass, harrygbutler, humouress, Joycepa, karenmarie, labwriter, Landshark5, LaurieRKing, LizzieD, LouisBranning, lycomayflower, mckait, MDGentleReader, meggyweg, msf59, MusicMom41, PaulCranswick, petermc, pokarekareana, richardderus, rocketjk, ronincats, SandyAMcPherson, Schmerguls, sibylline, stellarexplorer, Steve_Walker, TadAD, thatguyzero, theretiredlibrarian, TheTortoise, TinuvielDancing, tloeffler, tomcatMurr, ToReadToNap, torontoc, Trifolia, tututhefirst, urania1, usnmm2, varielle, VisibleGhost, Whisper1, WholeHouseLibrary, wookiebender, xorscape