GM script for Combiners: More "editions" links

DiscussãoHacking LibraryThing

Aderi ao LibraryThing para poder publicar.

GM script for Combiners: More "editions" links

Este tópico está presentemente marcado como "adormecido"—a última mensagem tem mais de 90 dias. Pode acordar o tópico publicando uma resposta.

1omargosh
Jun 3, 2013, 10:38am

The script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/169445 (as usual, ignore the ad in the middle ... the real installation link is the green "Install" button at upper right)

I made this script with combining/separating activities in mind. I found myself constantly wanting to go to the "editions" pages of work, but having to first go to the main work page, then scroll down, and then click "Editions", so this script adds "editions" links to the following places:
  • author pages (list of works)
  • series pages
  • tagmash pages (and limited functionality on "titles view" of tag pages)
  • "potentials" section of editions pages
  • combine/separate pages (both author and work)
  • author splitting page
Any pages I missed? Here are some sample screenshots to give you an idea:







Of course, let me know if you run into any bugs or problems. Thanks.

2brightcopy
Jun 3, 2013, 11:01am

Nice one!

3Collectorator
Jun 3, 2013, 12:25pm

This is wonderful. Thank you!

4JerryMmm
Jun 3, 2013, 3:31pm

Was hoping it would work in opera. It doesn't seem to :(
But I haven't been able to make any recent scripts by brightcopy work either

5brightcopy
Jun 3, 2013, 3:40pm

Yeah, Opera's "support" of greasemonkey is incredibly special. It's just not worth it to work on for a developer who isn't a die hard Opera user.

6JerryMmm
Jun 3, 2013, 3:42pm

I used to have good success. But I guess the scripts have gotten more complex over the years.

7brightcopy
Jun 3, 2013, 4:10pm

Yeah, it would work for very simple scripts. But I've generally moved on to more complicated ones like the work editions grid and the cover navigation. Those don't have a prayer. X)

8omargosh
Jun 3, 2013, 9:26pm

It looks like the problem in this case was just with .tld (a shortcut for Top-Level Domain ... so that I don't have to specify .com, .de, .nl, .es, etc., etc.). Opera doesn't appear to support it, so I copied the @includes blocks to use .com addresses as well.

I uploaded a new version to the same place (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/169445). JerryMmm, if you're using a .com LT site, then I think the new version should work for you. If you're using, say, librarything.nl, I'd recommended just editing the script directly ... take one of those 7-line blocks with the .tld or .com addresses near the top and replace them so that they use .nl instead of .tld or .com. I hope that makes sense. If not, I'll send you a link to a custom script in a private message.

9JerryMmm
Jun 4, 2013, 1:35am

yay, that works, thanks!

10JerryMmm
Editado: Jun 13, 2013, 3:05pm

On a series page when you have a work there's a green tickmark, and next to that is a new editions link. That link doesn't work because in the url there is your book link.

ETA: since there exist an editions link after the title, the extra editions link next to the tickmark is a bit of a waste of real estate.

11omargosh
Jun 13, 2013, 7:01pm

Thanks for the bug report. Good eye. I've uploaded a new version at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/169445, or if you prefer, diff is on line 43:

- '//table[@class="worksinseries"]//a[1]',
+ '//table[@class="worksinseries"]//td[not(@class)]/a[1]',

(Wow, escaping the brackets and at signs was a pain! :-))

12JerryMmm
Editado: Jun 14, 2013, 3:00am

much better, thanks.

It's a useful script